Beets, Red, BulkPrice $3.99 add to cart
Pie, Texas Pecan, Tiny PiesPrice $5.59 add to cart
Kale Chips, Texas BBQ, Rhythm SuperfoodsPrice $5.99 add to cart
Pizza, Godmother, Bola PizzaPrice $11.99 add to cart
Sweet Potato Hash Side Kit
You'll cook up organic yams, bell peppers and onions in this oh-so-yummy alternative to sickly sweet side dishes. Organic cumin and red pepper flakes bring the heat. Since all the organic ingredients except the sweet potato come sliced and ready to cook, assembling this dish on the stove top is super easy. Serves 6 as a side, or make it a main dish! Just add two farm eggs to the top of the skillet in the last few minutes of cooking time, and dinner's served for 2.
- local or organic bell pepper
- organic cumin
- local or organic green onion
- local or organic red onion
- organic red pepper flakes
- local or organic sweet potatoes or yams
- Hands-on Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Equipment: knife, cutting board, large pot, 2 skillets, baking sheet
- Wash the sweet potato(es) or yam(s)
- Quarter the sweet potato(es) and then slice into 1/4 inch pieces
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes (use less pepper flakes if you prefer less heat)
- Lower the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Don’t worry if potatoes begin to stick to pan, simply use a spatula to turn
- Stir in half of the green onions and top with the remainder. Serve immediately
Greenling Meal Kits are a revolution in creating healthy, simple, and tasty meals in your own kitchen. We do the hard work for you! Each Meal Kit will arrive with all ingredients washed, chopped and portioned along with an easy-to-follow recipe. Still curious? Read on for more info!
What's in each Meal Kit?
Greenling Meal Kits contain all local and/or certified organic ingredients. These will arrive washed, chopped, and ready to cook. The ingredients for each specific Meal Kit are listed on Greenling's website; please see the “Ingredients and Preparation Instructions” tab for the specific contents of each Meal Kit.
I am allergic to ____. Can you make substitutions?
Unfortunately, we can not substitute or omit items from our Meal Kits. We do strive to offer many Meal Kits for special diets. Please use the “gluten-free,” “vegan,” or other special diet filters on our website to help you find a recipe that will meet your needs. When in doubt, our customer service team will be happy to help! Give us a call if you have any questions at all about allergens in our Meal Kits.
What about all that packaging?
It’s all compostable or recyclable! All the cans and tetra-packs used in our Meal Kits are BPA free and recyclable. The clear containers are PLA, a special type of plastic made from plants, not oil. PLA will break down in a commercial compost facility in as little as 45 days. If your neighborhood doesn't have a commercial compost facility, Greenling will be happy to add your used containers to our compost. Just leave them in your bin on your next scheduled delivery day. PLA containers are not suitable for reuse in the microwave or oven; the heat causes them to lose their shape and melt.
How long will Meal Kits keep?
We recommend preparing Meal Kits within 36-48 hours of receipt for best freshness. Our 5-Meal Kits are planned so that the most perishable items are used first in the meal plan. Please enjoy the Day 1 meal right away, and prepare the following dinners in the order specified in the meal plan.
Oops! I got my Meal Kit and something is missing!
Oh noes! Please call or email our customer service team right away so that we can make it right.
|1||Serves 6||Sweet Potato Hash||$9.99|