Kale Chips, Texas BBQ, Rhythm SuperfoodsPrice $5.99 add to cart
Beets, Red, BulkPrice $3.99 add to cart
Beef, Steak, New York Strip, LocalPrice $21.09 add to cart
ArtichokePrice $1.99 add to cart
Creamy Shells and Greens (Serves 4)
Mac and greens has never been so easy to get on the table. And since our version is free of GMOS, food dyes, and preservatives, you'll feel good about sharing it with your family. Skip past all the prep work, chopping, and measuring; Greenling's prep kitchen has it covered! Just boil the pasta and combine it with the rest of the ingredients to make a creamy macaroni with greens your family will love.
This Meal Kit contains dairy and wheat.
- local or organic kale
- local or organic pasta
- organic ricotta cheese
- organic tomato sauce
- organic Italian seasoning
- organic crushed red pepper
- organic tomato
- organic garlic
- Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Equipment: large skillet, large saucepan
- Bring four quarts of water to a boil in a large pot for pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, coat bottom of pan with olive oil. When oil is hot add minced garlic and half of the chopped kale and sauté until tender, approximately 5 minutes. After it cooks down, add the remaining chopped kale and sauté until tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- When pasta water is boiling, add the pasta and cook to desired doneness (fresh pasta of this size will usually cook in about 3-4 minutes). Drain pasta and return to pot, reserving 1 cup of pasta water for sauce.
- Add ricotta, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper to pasta. Stir together while adding small amounts of the reserved pasta water to thicken sauce as needed. Once you reach desired consistency, add kale and fold in pasta mixture. Garnish with diced tomato.
- Serve immediately.
Greenling Meal Kits are a revolution in creating healthy, simple, and tasty meals in your own kitchen. We do the hard work for you! Each Meal Kit will arrive with all ingredients washed, chopped and portioned along with an easy-to-follow recipe. Still curious? Read on for more info!
What's in each Meal Kit?
Greenling Meal Kits contain all local and/or certified organic ingredients. These will arrive washed, chopped, and ready to cook. The ingredients for each specific Meal Kit are listed on Greenling's website; please see the “Ingredients and Preparation Instructions” tab for the specific contents of each Meal Kit.
I am allergic to ____. Can you make substitutions?
Unfortunately, we can not substitute or omit items from our Meal Kits. We do strive to offer many Meal Kits for special diets. Please use the “gluten-free,” “vegan,” or other special diet filters on our website to help you find a recipe that will meet your needs. When in doubt, our customer service team will be happy to help! Give us a call if you have any questions at all about allergens in our Meal Kits.
What about all that packaging?
It’s all compostable or recyclable! All the cans and tetra-packs used in our Meal Kits are BPA free and recyclable. The clear containers are PLA, a special type of plastic made from plants, not oil. PLA will break down in a commercial compost facility in as little as 45 days. If your neighborhood doesn't have a commercial compost facility, Greenling will be happy to add your used containers to our compost. Just leave them in your bin on your next scheduled delivery day. PLA containers are not suitable for reuse in the microwave or oven; the heat causes them to lose their shape and melt.
How long will Meal Kits keep?
We recommend preparing Meal Kits within 36-48 hours of receipt for best freshness. Our 5-Meal Kits are planned so that the most perishable items are used first in the meal plan. Please enjoy the Day 1 meal right away, and prepare the following dinners in the order specified in the meal plan.
Oops! I got my Meal Kit and something is missing!
Oh noes! Please call or email our customer service team right away so that we can make it right.
|1||Serves 4||Creamy Mac & Greens||$21.49|