ArtichokePrice $1.99 add to cart
Tomatoes, GrapePrice $4.39 add to cart
Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb, Tiny PiesPrice $5.59 add to cart
Kale Chips, Mango Habanero, Rhythm SuperfoodsPrice $5.99 add to cart
Sausage Onion Hash with Greens (Serves 2-4)
Sometimes life's simplest things are the most pleasurable. Take this hash, for example. There are just five simple, organic ingredients, but all together they make a hearty, satisfying meal. This versatile dish is suitable for dinner, lunch, or even brunch. We love serving it with a farm egg or two on top for extra protein.
- organic pork sausage (organic pork, water, sea salt, organic turbinado sugar, organic spices, organic onion powder, organic rosemary extract, natural hog casings)
- organic onions
- organic potatoes
- organic greens (selection will vary seasonally)
- organic garlic
- Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Equipment: large Skillet with lid, cutting board
- Chop potatoes into ½ inch dice (this is a small dice so the potatoes will cook faster)
- Heat Skillet over medium heat, add vegetable oil to coat bottom of pan generously
- Add diced potatoes and cook covered for about 8-10 minutes, stirring twice, until potatoes are almost cooked through
- While potatoes are cooking chop sausage links by slicing them into 4 slices lengthwise then into 1/4 inch chunks by cutting across the slices
- When potatoes are almost cooked through add onions and sausage, season generously with salt and pepper, and continue cooking, uncovered about 5 minutes until onions are translucent
- Add chopped greens, stir, and cook covered about 5 more minutes, stirring each minute until greens are wilted but still bright green
Greenling Meal Kits are a revolution in creating healthy, simple, and tasty meals in your own kitchen. We do the hard work for you! Each Meal Kit will arrive with all ingredients washed, chopped and portioned along with an easy-to-follow recipe. Still curious? Read on for more info!
What's in each Meal Kit?
Greenling Meal Kits contain all local and/or certified organic ingredients. These will arrive washed, chopped, and ready to cook. The ingredients for each specific Meal Kit are listed on Greenling's website; please see the “Ingredients and Preparation Instructions” tab for the specific contents of each Meal Kit.
I am allergic to ____. Can you make substitutions?
Unfortunately, we can not substitute or omit items from our Meal Kits. We do strive to offer many Meal Kits for special diets. Please use the “gluten-free,” “vegan,” or other special diet filters on our website to help you find a recipe that will meet your needs. When in doubt, our customer service team will be happy to help! Give us a call if you have any questions at all about allergens in our Meal Kits.
What about all that packaging?
It’s all compostable or recyclable! All the cans and tetra-packs used in our Meal Kits are BPA free and recyclable. The clear containers are PLA, a special type of plastic made from plants, not oil. PLA will break down in a commercial compost facility in as little as 45 days. If your neighborhood doesn't have a commercial compost facility, Greenling will be happy to add your used containers to our compost. Just leave them in your bin on your next scheduled delivery day. PLA containers are not suitable for reuse in the microwave or oven; the heat causes them to lose their shape and melt.
How long will Meal Kits keep?
We recommend preparing Meal Kits within 36-48 hours of receipt for best freshness. Our 5-Meal Kits are planned so that the most perishable items are used first in the meal plan. Please enjoy the Day 1 meal right away, and prepare the following dinners in the order specified in the meal plan.
Oops! I got my Meal Kit and something is missing!
Oh noes! Please call or email our customer service team right away so that we can make it right.
|1||Serves 4||Sausage Hash dinner||$19.99|