Tomatoes, GrapePrice $4.39 add to cart
Pie, Potato Leek & Gouda, Tiny PiesPrice $6.59 add to cart
Beets, Red, BulkPrice $3.99 add to cart
ArtichokePrice $1.99 add to cart
Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches with Coleslaw (Serves 4)
Let this satisfying sandwich be your secret weapon against boring weeknight meals! Organic Prairie's pastured, GMO-free, organic pork is a flavorful centerpiece for dinner, topped with seasoned organic tomatoes, peppers, and onions. The meal comes together in about half an hour, with no chopping or measuring required!
This meal kit contains wheat.
- local baguette rolls
- local or organic onions
- local or organic peppers
- organic pork sausage (organic pork, water, sea salt, organic turbinado sugar, organic spices, organic onion powder, organic rosemary extract, natural hog casings)
- organic lemon zest
- organic Italian seasoning
- organic crushed tomatoes
- local or organic coleslaw veggies (will vary seasonally)
- housemade coleslaw dressing
- Hands-on Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Equipment: 8-10 inch skillet, saucepan, 2-quart bowl for slaw
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Cook sausage links until heated through and browned on both sides, about 12 minutes, turning once halfway. Remove sausages from heat and set aside
- Add onions and peppers to skillet, and cook about 15 minutes, until onions and peppers are soft
- While vegetables are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add small amount of olive oil and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic begins to brown. Add can opf crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and lemon zest and heat until simmering
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise and scoop out about 1/4 of the middle of each half. Remove sausages, peppers and onions onto a plate. Place roll halves cut side down in skillet to warm through
- Assemble sausage rolls by placing one sausage link on bottom half of rolls, top with peppers and onions and sauce then the top half of the roll. Press down lightly
- Toss cabbage, carrots and onions in slaw dressing. Serve sandwiches with slaw on the side
Greenling Meal Kits are a revolution in creating healthy, simple, and tasty meals in your own kitchen. We do the hard work for you! Each Meal Kit will arrive with all ingredients washed, chopped and portioned along with an easy-to-follow recipe. Still curious? Read on for more info!
What's in each Meal Kit?
Greenling Meal Kits contain all local and/or certified organic ingredients. These will arrive washed, chopped, and ready to cook. The ingredients for each specific Meal Kit are listed on Greenling's website; please see the “Ingredients and Preparation Instructions” tab for the specific contents of each Meal Kit.
I am allergic to ____. Can you make substitutions?
Unfortunately, we can not substitute or omit items from our Meal Kits. We do strive to offer many Meal Kits for special diets. Please use the “gluten-free,” “vegan,” or other special diet filters on our website to help you find a recipe that will meet your needs. When in doubt, our customer service team will be happy to help! Give us a call if you have any questions at all about allergens in our Meal Kits.
What about all that packaging?
It’s all compostable or recyclable! All the cans and tetra-packs used in our Meal Kits are BPA free and recyclable. The clear containers are PLA, a special type of plastic made from plants, not oil. PLA will break down in a commercial compost facility in as little as 45 days. If your neighborhood doesn't have a commercial compost facility, Greenling will be happy to add your used containers to our compost. Just leave them in your bin on your next scheduled delivery day. PLA containers are not suitable for reuse in the microwave or oven; the heat causes them to lose their shape and melt.
How long will Meal Kits keep?
We recommend preparing Meal Kits within 36-48 hours of receipt for best freshness. Our 5-Meal Kits are planned so that the most perishable items are used first in the meal plan. Please enjoy the Day 1 meal right away, and prepare the following dinners in the order specified in the meal plan.
Oops! I got my Meal Kit and something is missing!
Oh noes! Please call or email our customer service team right away so that we can make it right.
|1||Serves 4||Sausage Sammie Dinner||$24.99|