Local BoxTM - Central Texas
In Local Boxes this week (Mar. 30th-Apr. 4th):
- Garlic Chives* - My Father's Farm
- Garden Cress* - My Father's Farm
- Broccolini - Animal Farm Center
- Louisiana Shallots* - Fruitful Hill
- Collard Greens - The Home Grown Farm
- Living Lettuce - Sand Creek Farm
- Chioggia Beets - Johnson's Backyard Garden
- Valencia Oranges - G&S Groves
- Celery - Gundermann Acres
- Carrots with tops - Gundermann Acres
* Starred items are available for sale as part of the Local Box only. The Local Box is subject to change throughout the week due to the nature of Texas farming. Thank you for understanding!
Ideas for This Week's Ingredients:
Click Here to Get More Local Box Recipes and Ideas on our Pinterest page.
Broccolini - If you’re a veggie lover, broccolini is a real treat. It’s so easy to prepare & pairs well with so many flavors like Meyer lemon, white wine, balsamic vinegar, and of course, garlic. We’ve pinned dozens of great recipes!
Collard Greens - Not just a staple of Southern cooking. Vegan chefs have been using collards in place of wheat & rice wraps for ages! Simply blanch briefly and fill with your favorite ingredients. Check out Pinterest for more.
Chioggia Beets - They look like regular beets on the outside but cut them open and you're in for a stripey surprise. These stunning veggies look (and taste) awesome: try them raw in a salad, roasted like chips, or pickled and served on a crostini.
Garlic Chives - Promise us you'll try making a compound butter using these chives! And while you're at it, take some radishes, mince, and blend with cream cheese and black pepper for a spicy party dip